now browsing by category
FROM THE KENYON REVIEW website:
Submissions must be 1200 words or less. There is no entry fee. Ron Carlson, celebrated author of four novels and five short story collections, will be the final judge. The Kenyon Review will publish the winning short story in the Winter 2012 issue, and the author will be awarded a scholarship to attend the 2011 Writers Workshop, June 18th-25th, in Gambier, Ohio.
- Writers must be 30 years of age or younger at the time of submission.
- Stories must be no more than 1200 words in length.
- One submission per entrant.
- Please do not simultaneously submit your contest entry to another magazine or contest.
- The submissions link will be active February 1st to February 28th. All work must be submitted through our electronic system. We cannot accept paper submissions.
- Winners will be announced in the late spring. You will receive an e-mail notifying you of any decisions regarding your work.
- For submissions, we accept the following file formats only:
- .PDF (Adobe Acrobat)
- .DOC (Microsoft Word)
- .RTF (Rich Text Format)
- .TXT (Microsoft Wordpad and Notepad, Apple TextEdit .
FROM THE THE CUPBOARD:
The winning author will receive $500 and the manuscript will be published as an upcoming volume of The Cupboard.
Please submit manuscripts between 4,000 and 10,000 words, of one piece or many, through Submishmash between February 1st and March 31st. The entire manuscript should not have been published previously, but if individual pieces have appeared elsewhere, please include an acknowledgments page. All submissions will be read blind so do not include your name or contact information anywhere on the manuscript, but do include this information in your cover letter. Simultaneous and multiple submissions are fine, though each submission will require the $10 contest fee.
The contest entry period will be open February 1, 2011. Entry fee: $10. All entries will be considered for general publication as a volume of The Cupboard.
To submit a manuscript, click here.
From the page:
- New blogger, or a blogger that hasn’t taken off (under 50 followers). Its ok if you have 0 followers, but you must have a blog
- You blog must be devoted to books. It is ok if you do posts off topic once and awhile, but the main focus must be books
- You must also place a Big Sis button on the blog’s sidebar that you are listing (directions and buttons on her blog)
Submissions « Picture Postcard Press.
GO HERE FIRST FOR THE IMAGE: “Rules: Please send us your response to the following artwork.
Flash fiction and micro memoir submissions limited to 300 words or less. Poems 20 lines or less.
One submission per contest period.
Simultaneous submissions welcome, but please notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
Contest deadline April 15, 2010.
Please include your submission in the body of an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Contest Submission.”
Let the inspiration begin!
From Pop Culture Curmudgeon’s blog
You’ll be able to win a copy of Moira Rogers’ book Cry Sanctuary, the first in the Red Rock Pass series. The next installment is coming out on June 9, so this is a great chance to get into a new paranormal romance series.
Moira Rogers describes the Red Rock Pass series as “a dark world where wizards and werewolves fight for supremacy and only a few of the alphas in the United States hold true to the traditions of protecting their packs.” Read more about it here, then make sure you come back Friday to enter the contest.
The contest will run from 12:01 am Friday May 22 through 6:00 pm Sunday May 24 (all times Pacific). The winner will be announced here Monday. The prize will be one ebook, available in multiple formats. The prize is non-transferable and may not be substituted.