Kenyon Review Short Fiction Contest (open Feb 1st-28th)
FROM THE KENYON REVIEW website:
Submit Your Entry Now
Submissions must be 1200 words or less. There is no entry fee. Ron Carlson, celebrated author of four novels and five short story collections, will be the final judge. The Kenyon Review will publish the winning short story in the Winter 2012 issue, and the author will be awarded a scholarship to attend the 2011 Writers Workshop, June 18th-25th, in Gambier, Ohio.
- Writers must be 30 years of age or younger at the time of submission.
- Stories must be no more than 1200 words in length.
- One submission per entrant.
- Please do not simultaneously submit your contest entry to another magazine or contest.
- The submissions link will be active February 1st to February 28th. All work must be submitted through our electronic system. We cannot accept paper submissions.
- Winners will be announced in the late spring. You will receive an e-mail notifying you of any decisions regarding your work.
- For submissions, we accept the following file formats only:
- .PDF (Adobe Acrobat)
- .DOC (Microsoft Word)
- .RTF (Rich Text Format)
- .TXT (Microsoft Wordpad and Notepad, Apple TextEdit .